The most basic knowledge about woods defines that hardwood is stronger than softwood. However, basic or incomplete knowledge is dangerous. Which means, who cannot just randomly decide whether hardwood is better than softwood. That’s because, it’s actually the purpose of pallet manufacture that determines whether it’s hardwood that’ll be better or softwood.
So, the bottom line is, hardwood and softwood from elite manufacturers and sellers like Spec Wood are equally good. That much established, let’s take you through the different aspects about the use and benefits of hardwood and softwood for pallets and fences.
The Hardwood cut stock by Spec Wood comes from high-quality Birch and Maple woods. Some of the characteristics and different ways in which these pallets are made and categorized are listed below.
- Hardwood pallets are intentionally made thinner than softwood pallets since even a thin piece of hardwood is extremely strong and durable.
- Hardwood will naturally last for years without getting affected from humidity, water, and sunlight. Which means, it has a very low to no maintenance cost that makes it an economical product.
- Hardwood makes an excellent choice for making fences since it’s strong and does not break easily.
The softwood Pre-cut pallets by Spec Wood are derived from high-quality spruce, fir, and pine woods. Some of the characteristics of softwood pallets at this firm are listed below.
- It can be cut into thicker pieces to make them strong enough to sustain the wear and tear of transportation of goods from one place to the other.
- Since the softwood pallets at this firm are made non-toxic, they pose no harm to human health.
- They are biodegradable options.
That said, let’s now take you through the many reasons that Spec Wood is better than most pallet manufacturers and suppliers in Canada and the US. Have a look!
- Experts make personal visits to the warehouses of every single client in order to collect information about the pallet requirement(s) specific to that client.
- The information is communicated to pallet manufacturers in the mills. This information is used to design specific pallet styles with accurate thickness and shape according to the needs of the client.
- The width and length are also taken into consideration alongside the apt thickness.
All in all, you must visit the Spec Wood website in order to learn more about the different techniques they have developed overtime to ensure that they are able to deliver high-quality wood pallets according to the needs of different clients.